The purpose of the Office of Information Technology is to manage and maintain DDOT’s owned and leased information technology infrastructures to ensure a productive, efficient workplace environment. The Office also provides information technology operational support to all DDOT Administrations in the area of Applications & Development Support Division, Geospatial Data Systems Division, and Infrastructure & Customer Support Division.
Roadmap - what's coming?
New IT Service Request System
A new IT Service Request system is on the way! The current system is outdated and difficult for both users and support staff to quickly define common IT issues what was. More info to come on this exciting development. Here's a sneak peek of what the system will look like:
Reserve Conference Rooms from Outlook
Soon, you will no longer need to reserve conference rooms in Sharepoint. Within your Outlook calendar invitation, you will soon be able to reserve DDOT conference rooms. Major benefits for this change:
- No need to create an Outlook calendar invite and SharePoint conference room reservation separately. It's all in one!
- You will see what conference rooms are available for the exact time/day you need. No more guesswork!
What are we responsible for?
Applications & Development Support Division
- Delivers, and/or support information technology (IT) systems and services. The work involves managing the performance systems and services used in the automated acquisition, storage, manipulation, management, movement, control, display, switching, interchange, transmission, assurance or reception of information; to include computer, network components, peripheral equipment, software, firmware, services, and related resources.
- The role also takes into consideration the phases of the system lifecycle to plan, design, develop, acquire, document, test, implement, integrate, maintain, or modify system for solving problems or accomplishing work processes by using computers.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Responsible for Geographic Information Software (GIS) development using Python with MS .NET and Visual Studio for the creation of ArcGIS Server web-based applications.
- Assist with planning and implementing GIS analysis.
- Prepares digital conversion of address and other data into GIS, including the preparation of and evaluation of transportation related maps.
Infrastructure & Customer Support Division
- Analyzes and refines systems requirements; translating systems requirements into application prototypes; planning and designing systems architecture, assuring software and systems quality and functionality; writing, debugging, and maintaining code; and writing and maintaining program documentation.
- Ensure the seamless operation of information systems within the DDOT network infrastructure is adequate. Interfaces with DDOT administrations for the purpose of satisfying the needs of the user groups.
- Plans and manages the migration of databases to new technologies, such as the migration from client-server to Web-enabled databases; provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialist on critical IT issues
- Monitors and fine-tunes performance of the information systems environment. Tests and installs patches, upgrades, and system updates. Installs and maintains software and hardware, controls current versions and future releases of application software, documents the physical configuration of the information system; optimizes the functionality of the networks and systems; diagnoses and recover failed systems.
When you create new pages in this space, they'll appear here automatically.
- No labels