DDOT shall promote strategies that reduce motor vehicle emissions in the District and surrounding region, which include the development of a fully integrated system of buses, streetcars, rail transit, bicycles, taxis, and pedestrian facilities to make it easier and more convenient to travel without an automobile.
DDOT shall ensure that all transportation projects that are federally funded or require federal approval are subject to the transportation conformity requirements of the federal Clean Air Act (CAA) and evaluation under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
Procedures & Services
DDOT Environmental Manual, Chapter 14: Air Quality Policy and Regulations
Page:Air Quality (Compendium)
- 40 CFR 93: Determining Conformity of Federal Actions to State or Federal Implementation Plans
- Air Pollution Control Act of 1984 National Ambient Air Quality Standards Attainment Amendment Act of 1993
- DCMR 10-A618.10: Policy E-4.1.5: Improving Air Quality Through Transportation Efficiency
- DCMR 20 Chapters 1-10
- DCMR 20-900: Engine Idling
- DCMR 20-15: General and Transportation Conformity
Design Standards & Specifications