All pedestrian facilities, including sidewalks, curbs, gutters, medians, and driveways, shall be designed in accordance with the most recent ADA regulations and DDOT standards, whichever provides the safest and easy access for pedestrians.
All designs for roadways shall conform to ADA requirements.
All DDOT public meetings and customer service portals shall, if requested, accommodate persons with disabilities.
Procedures & Services
- ddot.dc.gov - Your Rights Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- ddot.dc.gov - Discrimination Complaint Form
FAQ: How do I request reserved residential parking for Persons with Disabilities?
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Revised ADA Regulations Implementing Title II and Title III
- DC Human Rights Act of 1977
- DCMR 4-104: Complaints of Discrimination in the District of Columbia Government
Design Standards & Specifications
- Chapter 29.13: Pedestrian and American Disabilities Act Facilities (ADA)
- Chapter 30.3: ADA Requirements
- Chapter 22.214.171.124: On-Street Parking for People with Disabilities
- Chapter 46.2.1: Off-Street Handicap Parking Spaces for people Disabilities
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design