Use your desktop version of Outlook (pre-2016) to create a conference room reservation.
Using a Different Version of Outlook?
- If you are using Outlook 2016, check out: How to Reserve a Conference Room (Outlook 2016)
- If you are using the Outlook in Browser/Web App, check out: How to Reserve a Conference Room (Web App, Browser)
Step-by-step guide: Using Outlook Mail 2010, 2013, 2015 on a PC
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your PC.
- Click on Calendar and click on New Appointment.
- If there is no place to put Invitees (no 'To:' box), make sure you click on Add Invitees:
- Then, ensure that the 'Room Finder' button is clicked. This will allow you to see what rooms are available within DDOT in a Room Finder panel to the right:
- Add the Date, Start Time and End Time.
- In the Room Finder panel, click on the Show a room list drop down. Select 'DDOT Rooms'. The system begins a search for all available rooms at DDOT for the day and time that you specified in your meeting invitation. Note: by default, it will only show available rooms.
- Select a meeting room by clicking on an available room in the box. The meeting room is automatically added to the Attendees box at the top as well as the Location box.
- Send the invitation. In a few moments, the room (in our example above, room 317) will accept the invitation for the room booking. You should receive an email notification that looks like this:
- If the room is not available at this time, the room will decline the invitation and you must select a different day/time or a new room for your meeting.